Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Post Title

.I just wanted to hop on here a update you all on what has been happening in my life since I have not posted for quite some time.

At the end of July I finally got an interview for a job. It was for a position at a dental lab as a driver. I was so nervous about going because I thought that I would not want it nor would I get it. After about an hour I got the job. I was so happy to finally have a full time job. I was to start two weeks later. The following week I went to girls camp. I was so excited to be able to go. Growing up in the church I was able to go to camp each year. I hated it. I was miserable because a lot of the girls would leave me alone or just ignore me. For some odd reason this year was different. Maybe it was because I was determined to change how I felt about it and make it the best experience that I could for myself but mainly for the girls that I would be around. I was over capers(chores) at camp. I was able to have a fun leader to work along side. For the first part of the week I had a bit of a bad attitude about some things. On Tuesday I had a thought pop up in my head. I didn't need to worry or be nit picky about what was going on. I was influenced by Satan for a couple of days and that was bringing me down. I quickly changed my attitude. I also said a prayer of forgiveness and for help to see others in a more Christ like manner. My whole world opened up after that prayer. I have not been able to think the way that I did before since then. All my thoughts are now less judgmental but also very centered on helping and inspiring others. So the rest of the week was amazing and very helpful in my growth.

On Saturday morning a couple of the girls and I drove home really early so we could go to the YSA conference that was taking place that afternoon. I think that we woke up around 5:50ish so we could leave at 6. I can't remember right now. Jess drove first then I drove the rest of the way. I got home showered after talking to my mom then got ready for the conference. That's right. I did not get to take a nap. So I was basically dead the entire time. For the last activity of the day we headed out to a River Cats game. I am pretty sure that I was the only girl there that actually watched the game. As it got dark the cold weather kicked in. I get cold easily so this was bad for me. I was freezing for well over an hour before we got a blanket to share. After the game they launched fireworks. I have never been so close to them before. It was loud and awesome. We got lost for a bit then finally found our way home.

The next day was the fireside that would bring the conference to an end. It was really good. I enjoyed it and took as many notes as my brain could catch(still dead). I went home hung out with my family then ended up going to bed later than I wanted(a little past midnight). Bright and early Monday morning I started my job. It was great! I was taught quite a bit. The rest of the week went by pretty fast. I didn't realize how much stress I was putting on my body. I didn't really get a good amount of sleep for the first couple of weeks. To add to the stress of a new job, I was called as the first counselor in my singles ward Relief Society. I love it! It is a lot of fun and I am able to get to know the girls better.

At my last dental appointment I found out that I should be getting my braces off around the end of January. I am so excited! I have these coils on my arch wire that catches so much food. I hate it. The only thing about the is that they got rid of the spaces in between my teeth(yay!).

Last night I remembered about these stories that I had started when I was like 11. My goal is to have them completed before the end of the year. It was really cool to read them and see how my brain worked when I was younger. Awful spelling and punctuation but pretty awesome grammar.

Well that is all for now. I don't think that I have anything else to put here and this post is rather long so I will finish up. Thanks for reading!

With love,

Sarah

P.S. I bought a bunch of plants in the clearance section at Lowe's. Best purchase ever? I think so.


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment